Learning Options, Inc., is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit educational corporation founded in 2002 and based at Songbird Learning Center, with funding provided by competitive grants, private donations, and business sponsorships.
Our mission is to promote and expand in-depth study and exploration focused on the needs and interests of learners in our region.
What we do
• create unique and diverse programs
• operate a learning center with up-to-date technology and materials
• offer classes, workshops, and camps
• network with schools, agencies, families, and nontraditional educators
• recruit instructors and volunteers
• maintain an informative website
• provide referrals for tutoring, assessment, curriculum, and other programs
How you can help
We welcome your tax-deductible cash or in-kind donations, your ideas and expertise to improve and expand operations, and your help in spreading the word about our programs. Call or email us to discuss how you can help, or Donate LOI
Science Saturdays for Spring 2013
SLAM Camps for Summer, 2013
LOI STEM Club Scieneers STATE CHAMPS in the First Lego League Lego Robotics Competition for 2012-13!!!!
Ongoing and developing programs include: (See our LOI Calendar)
- Academic summer camps (See 2011 camps, See 2012 camps)
- Workshops (see our ENERGY: Spring 2011 Science Series and complete workshop history)
- Learning Out Loud! Cooperative-style weekly enrichment program serving a diverse group of home-schooling families, of all ages.
- Classes in science and math, art, and other topics, according to needs and interests of participants.
- Computer lab with internet access.
- Tutoring service for students in any academic area, K - adult